Job Title : Finance Coordinator
Department : Operations
Location : New Delhi
Level / Pay Band : A6
Contract : Term of Three Years (Renewable based on Mutual Agreement)
Reports To : Assistant Manager Finance
- Responsible for Oxfam India budgeting under the guidance of the Manager Finance and in collaboration with colleagues from various units. Also for department wise distribution of the budget.
- Liaisoning with Auditors on Internal Financial Control IFC, conduct meetings with relevant process owners. Review Risk Control Matrix prepared by internal auditors and suggest changes. Also, work on testing of operating effectiveness of IFC and remediation of gaps identified.
- Liaisoning with Statutory Auditors for audit queries and finalising the Financial Statements.
- Responsible for all statutory compliances including FCRA, RoC, Income Tax, Gratuity etc.
- Responsible for all Tally related issues in coordination with the vendor.
- Responsible for proper and timely monthend closing for all offices.
- Prepare and meticulously review Income schedule on monthly basis.
- Preparation of periodic MIS on budget utilization and variance analysis.
- Forecasting of income and expenditure on regular intervals and as per need.
- Annual Consolidation of Financial figures according to Oxfam International guidelines.
- Meeting any other reporting requirements from various departments/management and other initiatives of global shared services.
- Grant Management including preparation of donor budgets (for proposals), donor reports, and coordinating project audits etc.
- Generating budget codes for various projects in accordance with donor reporting framework.
- Supervision and reporting of all India partner monitoring visits including visits for assessing compliance with internal guidelines.
- Track income from various sources including follow up with Oxfam Affiliates and other donors for instalment disbursal.
- Preparing quarterly presentations for Finance and Audit committee and Board.
- Review of quarterly, annual financials including annual financial highlights for the annual report.
- Capacity building of team members and their performance evaluation.
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in commerce from any recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with similar non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems and usage.
- Ability to work and deliver under strict deadlines.
- Individual contributor as well as team player.
- Ability to work with cross-functional departments especially fund raising teams for donor proposals and donor reporting.
- Good communicator, who can put forth her/his views in a polite manner with an ability to bring consensus.
- Skilled in Spreadsheet, Power point presentations.
Desired Candidate Profile
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
¢ Accountability Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take
responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others
should also be held accountable for their actions.
¢ Empowerment Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff
and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
¢ Inclusiveness We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone
has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Contact Company:Oxfam India